Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Mirage 2 meter amp

I just landed a couple of used Mirage 2 meter amps off of Ebay for a good price.  25 watts in for 160 watts out.  I'm going to put one in my pickup and one will stay at the house.  I haven't hooked them up yet, but I am looking forward to doing some testing!

If anyone has a recommendation for a vhf watt meter, I am open for suggestions.

W6STO, going QRO

Uploaded files:
  • 20190727_183014.jpg
Joshua W6LEE has reacted to this post.
Joshua W6LEE

Nice grab!  I’m anxious to hear how you like them. I’d like to pick up one for HF and one for VHF as well.  I know it says 25watts, but I’m curious if it will operate with less wattage in.

Joshua W6LEE

Joshua, I am curious about that too.  My research says it should work with lower power levels also. I ll have to pick up a watt meter so I can figure out what its really capable of. I'm on the road for the next few weeks but I'll be putting the amps on the air mobile in Utah tomorrow hopefully.

Matt - W6STO

Joshua W6LEE

Yes, these will work with less power input and are fairly linear i.e. 12 1/2 watts in 80 watts out etc. on the ones mentioned above. I believe you can find some hf ones for something like a Yeasu 817 ...

Joshua W6LEE

HOWDY FELLOW MINIONS!!!

Choosing "MIRAGE AMPS" isn't the greatest move anyone can make especially since they're NO LONGER a INDEPENDENT MFG CO.!!! Never TRUST "MFJ" WHO'S OWN THEM FOR AWHILE NOW!!!  If anyone wants a truly solid pc. of amp gear our recommendation WOULD BE "TE SYSTEMS" out of LOS ANGELES aka "AMERICAN MADE"!!!

Jim-ee